Fred Taylor spent 13 years playing football in the NFL.

Taylor — UF’s fourth-leading rusher all-time with 3,075 yards and 31 touchdowns on the ground during his time with the Gators from 1994-1997 — found success on the field.

But even though Taylor retired in 2011 after 11 seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars and two years with the New England Patriots, he hasn’t let his days playing football die down.

Except now, his career focuses on fantasy football.

“When I was playing, I didn’t know what fantasy was,” Taylor said. “I had people come up to me and say ‘Oh. I have you on my fantasy team’ but I didn’t have a clue what they were talking about.”

But this season, Taylor has an extra resource to help him with his fantasy selections.

The 38-year-old former running back utilizes NFL Sunday Ticket Max from DirecTV to help him set up his lineup on a weekly basis.

“I’m in heaven with this new thing,” Taylor said.

Taylor is playing in three leagues this season.

Through Week 9, Taylor is 4-5 in one league (“Terrible, he said), 2-7 in a second, and 6-3 in the third.

In addition to the traditional version of NFL Sunday Ticket that is viewed on television with a satellite, DirecTV is also offering an online streaming version —NFLSundayTicket.TV

“This is a great product they’re promoting,” Taylor said. “It helps me. It’s gonna help me this weekend.”

UF students are also able to buy into the NFL Student Ticket U plan, which offers exclusive deal for students at $49.99 per month, which is $50 less than the regularly marketed price.

“It doesn’t require any satellite,” Taylor said. “You can follow and track your favorite teams anywhere on any of your devices — laptop, desktop, tablets smartphones. All you need is an internet connection.”