<p>Francesca Faborule, a 19-year-old UF business sophomore, prepares for slating on the third floor of the Reitz Union on Tuesday afternoon.</p>

Francesca Faborule, a 19-year-old UF business sophomore, prepares for slating on the third floor of the Reitz Union on Tuesday afternoon.

The final day for qualifying and slating broke records, with more than 800 students slating over the past three days.

Slating, or running with a political party, took place in the Reitz Union Grand Ballroom. A total of 801 students slated and qualified.

According to Alligator archives, 610 total students qualified and slated during the Spring 2014 elections. In 2013, 513 students slated, and in 2012, 659 slated, according to Alligator archives.

UF Supervisor of Elections Hans Rojas said 489 students slated Tuesday, with 377 for Swamp Party, 108 for Access Party and 4 either independent or unidentified.

Andrew Glenn, 20, said he slated for a sophomore seat with Access because he feels the party is inclusive to all students.

“It takes every student from every background and includes them in this melting pot,” the UF criminology sophomore said.

Sabrina Philipp, a UF political science junior, slated for a CLAS seat with Swamp because of the party’s heavy involvement with student organizations such as the Pride Student Union.

“Swamp has been really supportive of Pride Student Union, and that is what I care about most above all,” Philipp, 20, said.

Candidates will be notified today if they were chosen.

[A version of this story ran on page 1 on 2/4/2015 under the headline “Slating numbers highest in recent years"]