<p>A worker walks through the construction site of The Agency, located on the first floor of Weimer Hall, on Thursday afternoon.</p>

A worker walks through the construction site of The Agency, located on the first floor of Weimer Hall, on Thursday afternoon.

The doors to UF’s newest communications firm may not be open yet, but students are making do by doing business elsewhere.

Three members of The Agency, UF’s student-run, integrated marketing communications firm, traveled to Cancún, Mexico, on Thursday for their first-ever international business trip.

“We’re going to go over there and see the parks first-hand so that we can really communicate to people about what an amazing organization this is,” said Amanda Arevalo, account executive for The Agency.

The team will be working with professional businesses, starting by visiting Experiencias Xcaret, a resort in Riviera Maya, until Sunday. They will explore their clients’ natural landscape, participate in recreational activities and go behind the scenes on upcoming projects, Arevalo said.

Experiencias Xcaret works with tourism, nature and values in keeping in touch with the cultural heritage of the region, Arevalo said.

The team will be traveling with Juan-Carlos Molleda, chairman of the Department of Public Relations.Molleda is an international public relations specialist, said Ryan Baum, assistant to the executive director of The Agency.

“I can’t think of a better person to be on the trip with them because he’ll be able to add so much,” he said.

Baum said that although The Agency is working from UF, the real goal is to reach the national and international clientele.

“This trip… shows that we are really going to be providing special and unique opportunities for our students that they really aren’t going to get anywhere else,” Baum said.