Burrito Bros. opens new building this week after renovations

<p>Pictured is the exterior of Burrito Bros. Taco Co., 1402 W University Ave. After nearly five months of renovations the restaurant will move into its new space later this week.</p>

Pictured is the exterior of Burrito Bros. Taco Co., 1402 W University Ave. After nearly five months of renovations the restaurant will move into its new space later this week.

After nearly seven months of renovations, Burrito Bros. Taco Co. will move into its new building later this week.

Located at 1402 W. University Ave., the restaurant now offers an indoor dining area, a bar and two full patios, as well as TVs and music.

“We wanted to keep it just how it’s been running for the past 40 years,” said Randy Akerson, the owner of Burrito Bros. 

One of the restaurant’s biggest changes is its new selection of beer on tap.

There are 12 beers on tap, including 10 Florida beers, said Lauren Stucki, the restaurant’s general manager. 

On its opening day, the local restaurant will serve its full menu and will add some bar and late-night specials later on this summer.

Burrito Bros. will be open every day from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m and is considering expanding its hours to 1 a.m. to cater to late-night customers.

Sharif Hosein, a 22-year-old UF biochemistry junior, has been going to Burrito Bros. since he started attending UF.

“Just from what I can see I definitely think the new outdoor patios will be a great place for people to just hang out and enjoy a couple beers and tacos,” Hosein said.

Burrito Bros. is undergoing its final inspections and will open on an undetermined day sometime later this week.