Gainesville Police arrested three men Friday evening after they reportedly robbed a taxi driver at gunpoint.

About 4 p.m. Friday, Schammi Joseph, 19, drove Demarkus Williams and Deon Roberts to the 2500 block of Southwest 14th Drive in search of a victim, according to a police report.

Joseph stayed in the car while Williams, 19, and Roberts, 22, posed as customers to a Gainesville taxi driver, according to the report.

They entered Michael Martin’s cab and showed him a 9-mm handgun, according to the report.

Martin, 40, said he tried to negotiate with the men before Roberts hit him in the face with the gun.

An armed home invader robbed Martin 13 years ago, and after handing Roberts money, he decided to stand up for himself.

"Not this time, man," Martin said. "I’m not letting you go this time."

Martin said he ran his Chevrolet Uplander van into Roberts, who dropped the cash and gun before lying on the ground for about two minutes. Roberts caught a ride from an unsuspecting driver to UF Health, but changed his mind before receiving any treatment and reunited with the other two men, according to the report.

Police found the men after a student received a UF Alert and spotted the getaway vehicle.

Police arrested the men on charges of robbery with a firearm and criminal conspiracy. Authorities transported the men to the Alachua County Jail, where they remain as of press time in lieu of $50,000 bonds.

Follow Giuseppe Sabella on Twitter @gsabella