<p>Infinity Hall residents attend the Student Government meeting at the UF Levin College of Law on Sept. 22, 2015, to voice their opinions about wanting their own student senator.</p>

Infinity Hall residents attend the Student Government meeting at the UF Levin College of Law on Sept. 22, 2015, to voice their opinions about wanting their own student senator.

Infinity Hall residents pleaded with UF Student Body President Joselin Padron-Rasines to veto a bill that would group them into District A instead of giving them their own senator.

The debate over representation for Infinity continued with not one, but 16 voices speaking on Infinity’s behalf. The students occupied the first three rows of the Senate chambers at Tuesday night’s meeting.

The bill, passed last week, would make Infinity a part of District A. To keep Infinity from being part of District A, Padron-Rasines would have to veto it.

"It’s truly disappointing," said Connor Corzine, an Infinity Hall resident assistant. "We have about 20 students here today instead of one senator."

Elena Matarazzo brought up safety concerns. She said her roommate was hit by a car in front of Infinity this week.

"Who’s she supposed to go to (about safety issues like this)?" Matarazzo asked Senate. "Joselin, please veto this bill."

Ray-Ann Lackhee said that residents of Infinity wouldn’t know they aren’t represented without Corzine.

"I was pretty mad when I found out we didn’t have representation," she said.

Connor Bradley said he hasn’t met any representatives from District A.

"To show the miscarriage of representation, not once have I or anyone from our hall met a representative from District A."

Bradley said it’s important for this to be resolved now so that it’s not a problem for students in the future.

"We do know what’s going on," he said.

Maddie McClinton, Rules and Ethics committee chair, said that Infinity is currently represented by 9 senators from District A. The passed legislation will not go into effect until next Fall, she said.

"We do intend to have Infinity Hall as a voice in senate," she said.

Contact Caitlin Ostroff at costroff@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter @ceostroff