<p>UF middle blocker Simone Antwi swings for a kill attempt during Florida's 3-1 win against Florida State on Sept. 20, 2015, in the O'Connell Center.</p>

UF middle blocker Simone Antwi swings for a kill attempt during Florida's 3-1 win against Florida State on Sept. 20, 2015, in the O'Connell Center.

UF volleyball player Simone Antwi is making her presence known outside the Stephen C. O’Connell Center.

UF Student Senate approved Simone Antwi, a starting middle blocker on UF’s volleyball team, for a graduate Senate seat by unanimous consent at Tuesday night’s Senate meeting.

Antwi, 22, said she decided to join Senate to help students on campus while representing student-athletes and graduate students.

"I hope to find a way to merge the student-athlete and graduate student population," the UF international business master’s student said.

Senators also discussed student organizations’ ability to dance outside the stadium.

At the start of the meeting, Sen. Nardin Derias (Access minority leader, Agriculture) motioned to postpone a resolution asking the University Athletic Association to allow cultural, dance and student organizations to practice in allotted stadium space until the next meeting.

Dancing fosters a sense of community and invokes a sense of belonging, according to the resolution. The sign posted by the UAA gives no further information to student groups about how to receive authorization to hold "group dancing/meeting activities," and after the signs were posted, students had to resort to more dangerous locations for practice.

"Nick and Kevin are already working with administration on this," she said.

She said she wanted to hold the resolution to give them a chance to continue those talks.

Contact Caitlin Ostroff at costroff@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter @ceostroff