<p>Logan Shore pitches during Florida's win against Florida Gulf Coast on Feb. 19, 2016, at McKethan Stadium.</p>

Logan Shore pitches during Florida's win against Florida Gulf Coast on Feb. 19, 2016, at McKethan Stadium.

Logan Shore was masterful Friday night.

In the fourth inning against Miami, the junior pitcher allowed his first two hits of the game — a double and a single — to lead off the inning.

But with UF up 4-0 and runners on the corners, Shore buckled down.

He forced UM’s Zack Collins to pop out, picked off the runner at first then induced a fly out to escape the jam unscathed.

Shore cruised the rest of the game, tossing his first career complete-game shutout, as the No. 1 Gators (6-0) blanked the No. 6 Hurricanes 5-0 at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field in Miami.

Florida coach Kevin O’Sullivan praised the way Shore attacked Collins, UM’s most dangerous hitter, in the fourth inning.

“That was probably the turning point of the game,” he said.

Outside of the fourth inning, Shore retired the side in seven of his nine innings. The Coon Rapids, Minnesota, native allowed just four hits, walked none and struck out eight, needing just 95 pitches to earn his second win of the season.

“If there’s a game ball we give out, he gets the game ball,” O’Sullivan said.

The Gators gave Shore an early lead against Miami (4-1) in the first inning.

After Buddy Reed singled to left, Peter Alonso cranked his first home run of the season off the scoreboard in left field to put UF up 2-0. The junior finished 2-for-3 with two RBIs and two runs scored.

In the top of the fourth inning, Deacon Liput continued his hot hitting ways.

The freshman flared a two-run single to right to score Alonso and JJ Schwarz. Liput finished 1-for-3 in the game and now leads the team with 12 RBIs.

In the sixth, Florida tacked on its fifth and final run.

Schwarz turned on a 2-1 pitch and drilled the scoreboard in left for a solo home run, his second of the season. The sophomore finished 1-for-2 with two walks and two runs scored.

The five runs were more than enough for Shore, who struck out the side in the fifth inning and retired nine of the last 10 batters he faced.

O’Sullivan, who said Shore was effective because he mixed up his pitch locations, was pleased with his team’s play in all aspects of the game.

“It’s the best game we’ve played this year,” he said.

The two teams will face each other again Saturday at 7 p.m. Left-hander A.J. Puk is scheduled to start on the mound for Florida.

A radio broadcast contributed to this report.

Contact Patrick Pinak ppinak@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @Pinakk12.