Generic Crime
Generic Crime

For the third time since mid-January, an unknown man exposed his penis to a woman in the Norman Hall Parking Garage, located near sorority row.

University Police and Gainesville Police have increased patrols around the area, said UPD spokesman Officer Wayne Clark.

At about 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, the woman, who attends UF, entered the garage’s southwest stairwell and saw a man masturbating, Clark said.

He was wearing a grey shirt and shorts, high-top sneakers and a chain necklace, Clark said.

The man did not assault the woman or speak to her, and he ran after being spotted, Clark said.

“Every single time, he has left the area before we could get there,” he said.

UPD thinks Wednesday’s suspect is the same man who exposed himself to two other women on Jan. 6 and Jan. 14, Clark said.

Police sent an email to UF students, faculty and staff alerting them about the incident.

All incidents involve a man masturbating in the garage’s southwest stairwell, Clark said.

The incidents also occurred in the middle of the week, between about 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m., Clark added.

Since December, GPD has responded to six similar cases of indecent exposure near Northwest 13th Street, just north of campus.

Due to similar descriptions and methods, both departments may be dealing with the same man, GPD spokesman Officer Ben Tobias said.