UF’s Board of Trustees will have three new members in June.

UF announced Thursday that Gov. Rick Scott appointed Morteza Hosseini, a land developer, to succeed Christopher Corr. 

The Florida Board of Governors also appointed Marsha Powers and Leonard Johnson to UF’s 13-member board.

The new members will serve until 2019, wrote UF spokeswoman Janine Sikes in an email. 

Board of Trustees members are not paid for their service.

Members are staggered with five-year terms, she said.

Powers, the chief executive officer of Tenet Healthcare’s Florida Region, will succeed Charles Edwards. 

Johnson, a Tampa Bay-area attorney, will replace Susan Cameron. 

Both Powers and Johnson attended UF.

“The individuals who serve on the board come from a variety of backgrounds and professions and each brings a unique set of skills and experiences to the table,” Sikes said.

Susan Webster, a UF international studies senior and Student Body president-elect, will replace current Student Body President Joselin Padron-Rasines on the board. 

Webster said she looks forward to discussing education policies on the board next term.

“I think that every member has a passion for not only the University of Florida, but also for making UF a top-10 university,” the 22-year old said.

@merylkornfield

mkornfield@alligator.org