Students can get in touch with their creative sides this Summer by attending one of the many events sponsored by UF’s Creative B program.

Creative B, started and funded in 2010 by the Office of the Provost, is meant to promote student involvement over the Summer semester, said Allison Alsup, the public relations and partnerships specialist for the College of the Arts.

“It’s a way of welcoming the new students to campus with arts and creative activities,” she said. “We have campus-wide participation in our events, so it’s a program that showcases many of the different areas of our school.”

The program also offers classes students can take over Summer B, including creating mobile games and digital entertainment trends.

While most of the activities change from year to year, there are some consistencies throughout the events, Alsup said. The School of Theatre + Dance puts on a performance each year, and it is usually one of the most popular events, she said.

“Sketchy People,” a play following a sketch comedy group that reunites for one last show, will have its first performance today at 7:30 p.m., and shows will continue through Sunday.

The Florida Museum of Natural History is one of Creative B’s partners.

Elizabeth Brown, the marketing and public relations assistant for the museum, said the Murder Mystery at the Museum event is quickly gaining popularity among students.

“This is an event that will engage them and have them exploring the museum in a different way than they are used to,” she said.

A list of full events is available at bit.ly/29Dupgv.

When

Aug. 3 at 7 p.m.

Cost

$7.50 for students

$15 for general public

How

Register online