Danny Brown - “Atrocity Exhibition” - Sept. 27

Danny Brown’s fourth studio album was released Sept. 27, three days before its scheduled release. Not everyone will be a fan of Danny Brown, and he’s certainly an acquired taste. Personally, I could never get into Danny Brown primarily because of his unique voice, but no one can say anything negative about his skill. Danny Brown is a great artist, and fans of hip-hop will appreciate his raps. Check out “Atrocity Exhibition” for yourself, and form your own opinion.

Dave East - “Kairi Chanel” - Sept. 30

XXL Freshman Dave East released his debut mixtape, “Kairi Chanel,” the day after being signed to Def Jam Recordings on Sept. 29. Named after his daughter, “Kairi Chanel” is 15 songs in length and features 2 Chainz, Fabolous, Cam’ron, The Game and more. East is new to the game but raps like he’s been around for years. There’s a reason he got the attention of rap-legend Nas. The future of hip-hop is bright with artists like Dave East. Don’t sleep on him, and take a listen to “Kairi Chanel.”

DJ Mustard - “Cold Summer” - Sept. 30

Producers releasing albums of their own is always exciting because of the extensive list of artist they recruit for their projects. Super-producer DJ Mustard released his second album, “Cold Summer” a couple weeks ago just as summer was ending. Writing the entire list of featured artists would take up my entire word count, but you can look forward to hearing verses from YG, Quavo, Nicki Minaj, Young Thug, John Legend and a lot more. Summer may be over and the temperature may begin to drop, but DJ Mustard’s album will bring the heat.

The Game - “1992” - Oct. 14

The Game dropped his second album in just over a calendar-year last week. “1992” is a follow up to his double-album “The Documentary 2” and “The Documentary 2.5” and he hasn’t missed a beat. The Game is one of the most underrated rappers and is constantly releasing music to keep his fans pleased. “1992” is a solid rap album that’s definitely worth a listen.

Gucci Mane - “Woptober” - Oct. 14

Seeing that Gucci Mane has more than 80 albums and mixtapes in his discography, it should come as no surprise that he released his second album of 2016 since being released from prison in May. “Woptober” features a ton of production from Metro Boomin and a couple features coming from Rick Ross and Young Dolph. “Woptober” is pretty much like any other Gucci Mane project, which means it’s fire, so check it out.