Gainesville will get its first LongHorn Steakhouse on Monday.

The restaurant, located at 2933 Clark Butler Blvd., will join a host of other recently opened businesses at Butler Plaza North, including Aldi Supermarket and Jersey Mike’s Subs.

Restaurant management will host a ribbon-cutting and flag-raising ceremony at 3 p.m. and begin serving its first meals at about 4 p.m., said Kenneth Kimmey, a managing partner for LongHorn Steakhouse who will oversee the Gainesville franchise.

LongHorn’s menu ranges from soups and steaks to sandwiches and seafood, according to its website. For alcohol options, patrons can choose among beer, wine and cocktails.

Brittany Baron, a LongHorn spokeswoman, said the Orlando-based company decided to open the franchise in Gainesville because it identified the city as an area with potential for long-term growth.

Kimmey, who has managed four other LongHorn franchises, said the Gainesville market has been on the company’s radar for “a long time.”

After moving to the city and speaking with locals, he said he hopes the restaurant becomes a go-to eating option in Gainesville.

“People that I’ve met since I’ve moved here are very excited about us coming in,” he said.

Frances Vazquez, a UF student and self-proclaimed steak-lover, said she cannot wait for opening day.

Vazquez said she remembers celebrating her boyfriend’s birthday at an Orlando LongHorn. Despite a mistake with her order, the criminology and law sophomore said she couldn’t get enough of the restaurant’s food.

“I love their ribeye steak, and I love getting their mashed potatoes,” Vazquez said.