<p>Rachael Kramer (right) attempts a block during Florida's 3-0 win over Jacksonville on Sept. 16, 2016, in the Lemerand Center.</p>

Rachael Kramer (right) attempts a block during Florida's 3-0 win over Jacksonville on Sept. 16, 2016, in the Lemerand Center.

Freshman middle blocker Rachel Kramer slammed down a kill right in the center of the court to begin the first set of No. 6 Florida’s matchup with South Carolina.

She did the same thing to start the second set.

And in the third and final set, she did the exact same thing once again.

The freshman’s dominant beginnings epitomized the Gators’ (23-2, 13-1 Southeastern Conference) sweep of the Gamecocks (17-8, 5-8 SEC) on Friday — a sweep that gives Florida a half-game lead atop the SEC standings over Missouri.

Kramer established herself as an offensive force throughout the match, totaling eight kills on a .778 hitting percentage. Her nation-leading hitting percentage continues to grow, but Kramer knows that great team play leads to finishing attacks.

“It’s honestly all about the team,” Kramer said after the match. “It was so fun seeing everything kind of come together.”

Her own success aside, a total-team effort was showcased in the win.

No single player tallied more than 11 kills. Every hitter was involved in making plays. And a 40-assist performance from sophomore Allie Monserez had the offense clicking.

“Allie Monserez keeps setting amazing balls,” Kramer said.

Carli Snyder, who struggled to get things going in the first two sets, elevated her game in the closing frame. The junior outside hitter notched seven kills in the final set, shredding through the Gamecock defense to give her 10 kills and eight digs on the evening.

“I hear C.K behind me saying ‘take a rip!’,” Snyder said. “I think that really works its way throughout the match.”

The dominance for Florida extended beyond offense, though.

Despite having a season low two blocks on the night, the Gator defense was still stifling. The Gamecocks could only concoct a .177 hitting efficiency performance. Their biggest weapon, freshman Mikayla Shields, who came into the game with the most kills on the team (260), only totaled 6 kills and committed four errors.

The Gators have a day to prepare before hosting the Alabama Crimson Tide Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. Senior Alex Holston will be honored as the team’s lone senior before the game, and the Gators will look to keep their SEC crown hopes alive with four conference games remaining.

“We can learn from tonight,” Snyder said. “We’re gonna show up tomorrow, get better, and hopefully have a great match on Sunday.”

Contact Skyler Lebron at slebron@alligator.org or follow him on Twitter @SkylerLebron