A Gainesville man, and convicted sex offender, was arrested Thursday after he was found advertising voice and piano lessons on the side of the road, Gainesville Police said.

David Austin O’Neill, 34, held up a sign on the corner of NW 43rd Street and NW 39th Avenue at about 6 p.m., according to a police report. The sign said, “Piano & Voice Lessons,” followed by his contact information.

He pled guilty to the transmission of material harmful to minors on Dec. 19, 2016, according to the report. A portion of requirements for his registration as a sex offender is reporting his email address and social media handle on the sex offender registry.

The contact information on the sign he held did not match his sex offender registration form, which is a violation of his conditions, according to the report.

The information on the sign O’Neill held had included a website, email and cell phone number, according to the report. O’Neill also posted an ad for the same services and with the same information nine days days ago on www.craigslist.com, a personal ads website.

O’Neill was arrested on three charges of failing to register online information as a sex offender. Authorities took him to Alachua County Jail where he remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $15,000 bond.

@merylkornfield

mkornfield@alligator.org