Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A Gainesville man forced himself into an apartment and demanded money before being scared off by a woman with a knife, Alachua County Sheriff’s Office said.

knife mug

Steven Levard Johnson

Steven Levard Johnson, 30, pounded on the door where a couple lived at about 7 a.m. and demanded money for a previous drug deal, according to a police report. A woman opened the door partially when he pushed past her and into the apartment.

He called himself an O.G., original gangster, and screamed he would “f--- her up,” according to the report.

The woman picked up a kitchen knife from a nearby table and chased Johnson out of the apartment, according to the report. The couple told police they thought the knife struck Johnson’s back, but they weren't certain.

The woman continued to chase Johnson in the parking lot when he turned and punched her in the face, according to the report. Neighbors saw her on the ground and unconscious.

“I’m going to f--- you up,” neighbors heard Johnson say, according to the report. “I got something for you,” he said.

The woman had a large cut on her upper lip, police said.

Johnson told police he went there to confront the woman over money she owed him, according to the report. He said he set up a drug deal with her, but she backed out and he lost $200.

After his arrest, he admitted to shoving the woman but denied punching her, according to the report.

Johnson sent the woman a text Monday threatening her because he believed she owed him the money, according to the report.

Johnson was taken to the hospital for a knife wound before being taken to jail, according to an ACSO Facebook post.

Police arrested Johnson on charges of battery and burglary. Authorities took him to Alachua County Jail where he remains, as of press time, with no bond.

@merylkornfield

mkornfield@alligator.org