<p>UF head coach Mike White looks on in Florida's 80-76 win against Georgia on Jan. 14, 2017, at the O'Connell Center.&nbsp;</p>

UF head coach Mike White looks on in Florida's 80-76 win against Georgia on Jan. 14, 2017, at the O'Connell Center. 

As soon as Florida stepped onto the court against Missouri on Thursday night, the game was already decided. The Tigers, in the midst of a 12-game losing streak, weren’t ready to play.

“We didn’t even jump for the tip,” Missouri coach Kim Anderson told reporters after the game.

All together, the Gators dominated in their 93-54 win over Misery — I mean Missouri — in a game that was decided well before the conclusion of the first half.

“We continue to take baby steps in terms of our overall maturation,” UF coach Mike White said. “We got better tonight. We defended better than we have all year … (I’m) proud of our maturity and focus.”

But with a combined 22 wins, No. 24 Florida’s last three opponents have been awful. The worst of the worst the SEC, and even the Big 12, has to offer. By now, this is well known: Florida suffered a devastating loss to then-sub-.500 Vanderbilt, leaving Mike White desperate to find the answer to his team’s woes. But what followed was slightly unexpected: a 35-point drubbing of LSU (9-12, 1-8 SEC) and a 32-point beatdown of Oklahoma (8-13, 2-7 Big 12).

Then, Florida (17-5, 7-2 SEC) was unstoppable Thursday night in the O’Connell Center, seemingly making every shot, winning every 50-50 ball and ripping down every rebound.

UF shot 45 percent from the field, forced 13 turnovers and swatted seven shots. It also dominated 56-32 on the glass, including 12 boards by 6-foot guard Chris Chiozza, who notched his first-career triple-double against the Tigers (5-16, 0-9 SEC).

OK, the Gators haven’t played even remotely this well against a top tier opponent so far this season — they’re 0-of-4 against currently ranked teams — but that doesn’t mean their recent spurt isn’t impressive.

Because it is.

Florida’s wins against LSU and Oklahoma were its first back-to-back, 30-point road wins in program history. And Thursday night’s 39-point demolishing marked the third time in program history were the Gators won three-straight games by at least 30 points.

“These past three games have gotten us into a very good place, which gives us a chance to play well in your next one, whether it be Kentucky or Georgia,” White said. “It gives you a chance as a team to be successful.”

Yes, it’s important not to get ahead of ourselves — despite the temptation. In order to be considered a viable threat, not just in the SEC Tournament, but late into March Madness, Florida needs to perform well against quality, high-ranking opponents (how about against Kentucky?).

They can’t control who they play, though. They’re playing the hand they’ve been dealt, and as of late, they’re playing it very well.

That’s all anyone can ask for.

Ray Boone is a sports writer. His columns appear on Fridays. Contact him at rboone@alligator.org, and follow him on Twitter @rboone1994.