UF alumni star in Nat Geo webseries

<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-ddeefee7-f3d8-5dcf-8980-6a0bf9a3cbc7"><span>Brian Moghari, Filipe DeAndrade, and McKenzie Barney, stars of the new Nat Geo Wildlife 10-part web series “Untamed With Filipe DeAndrade,” pose for a photograph. The three UF alumni are creating the program to show viewers unique animals found in the U.S.</span></span></p>

Brian Moghari, Filipe DeAndrade, and McKenzie Barney, stars of the new Nat Geo Wildlife 10-part web series “Untamed With Filipe DeAndrade,” pose for a photograph. The three UF alumni are creating the program to show viewers unique animals found in the U.S.

Three UF alumni aired a web series March 14 with Nat Geo Wild’s YouTube channel.

Filipe DeAndrade, Brian Moghari and McKenzie Barney combined their love for nature and adventure to produce “Untamed With Filipe DeAndrade,” a 10-part web series where the three travel the U.S. documenting unique wildlife behaviors, Moghari said. A new episode will air on the channel, a sister network of National Geographic, every Tuesday until May 9.

DeAndrade, the host, and his two friends, Moghari and Barney, filmed animals including mountain lions in New Mexico and hummingbirds in Louisiana. Their last episode will focus on how the Everglades is the only place in the world where crocodiles and alligators coexist, said Moghari, who graduated from UF in 2013 with a bachelor’s degree in telecommunication.

Moghari, one of the cinematographers and editors of the series, said they want viewers to rediscover the U.S.’s unique animals.

“We want people to fall in love with these creatures and wild spaces because if they can fall in love with it, then they will fight to protect it,” he said.

Tim Sorel, who was one of the three friends’ production professors at UF, said he’s not surprised that the alumni teamed up to start their own production company and web series after graduation.

“They were always editing video for long hours and having such a great time doing it,” he said. “They just had this natural chemistry.”