<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-93d5aca0-ea97-980f-2ec0-7d2e5005c6df"><span>UF hurdler Eric Futch races during the NCAA Division I Outdoor Track and Field Championships on June 10, 2016, in Eugene, Oregon.</span></span></p>

UF hurdler Eric Futch races during the NCAA Division I Outdoor Track and Field Championships on June 10, 2016, in Eugene, Oregon.

A grand total of 14 Gators—past, present and future—earned the chance to compete in the IAAF World Championships this August in London following strong showings at the USATF Outdoor Championships in Sacramento, California. The four-day meet concluded this Sunday.

Current Gators

Five of the 14 berths were in the 400-meter hurdles, and just two of those came from Gators on the 2017 roster.

Seniors Eric Futch and TJ Holmes both made the cut on Sunday. Futch took first place behind a time of 48.18 seconds, while Holmes smashed his personal best with a third-place finish of 48.88 seconds.

Another senior, Andres Arroyo, earned a spot in Puerto Rico’s 800-meter lineup. Arroyo was one of six Gators competing for another country.

In the USATF Junior Championships, freshman Brandee’ Johnson took first place in the women’s 400-meter hurdles, securing a place at the upcoming Pan American Junior Championships in Lima, Peru.

Johnson also took home the bronze medal in the 100-meter hurdles.

Notable athletes not to make the team include freshman Grant Holloway and redshirt senior Kyra Jefferson. Both were less than one-tenth of a second from earning a spot on Team USA’s roster.

Future Gators

Two out of three members of the Gators’ 2017 recruiting class found their way to world teams.

In Japan, Hakim Sani Brown cruised in the 100- and 200-meters.

In the British Virgin Islands, Kyron McMaster made the cut in the 400-meter hurdles.

Cory Poole was a silver medalist in the Junior Championships. Poole’s time of 49.88 seconds earned him a spot in Peru alongside Johnson.

Former Gators

Marquis Dendy, a student-athlete at Florida from 2012-2015, qualified for Team USA after posting a mark of 8.39 meters in the long jump.

Will Claye (2010-2011), a three-time Olympic medalist, will represent the United States in the triple jump.

Eddie Lovett (2011-2014) also made the cut for the 400-meter hurdles competing for the US Virgin Islands.

Kerron Clement, competing alongside Futch and Holmes in the 400-meter hurdles, fell to seventh after advancing past the semifinals with a top-ranked time of 48.61 seconds.

Clement (2004-2005), along with Christian Taylor (2009-2011) in the triple jump, had both already secured spots on the world team because of their reigning-champion status in the IAAF Diamond League.

International Gators

Aside from Arroyo, Sani Brown and McMaster, only former Gators competed overseas.

Stipe Zunic (2011-2015) made the cut for the shot put in Croatia, and Ugonna Ndu (2010-2013) qualified for the 400-meter hurdles in Nigeria.

In Australia, Genevieve LaCaze (2009-2012) made the cut for the 3000-meter steeplechase. Novlene Williams-Mills (2003-2004) took care of business in the 400-meter in Jamaica.

Contact Andrew Huang at ahunag@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @AndrewJHuang.