<p>Rachael Kramer (right) attempts a block during Florida's 3-0 win over Jacksonville on Sept. 16, 2016, in the Lemerand Center.</p>

Rachael Kramer (right) attempts a block during Florida's 3-0 win over Jacksonville on Sept. 16, 2016, in the Lemerand Center.

For the first time in program history, the Florida Gators beat two top-five opponents in back-to-back nights after defeating No. 1 Texas in four sets Friday and No. 5 Nebraska in a five-set thriller on Saturday.

As she praised Nebraska’s efforts after the game, coach Mary Wise appreciated the unlikelihood of the result.

“Lots of things working against us,” Wise said. “If you had said we could win a five-set match against the talent of Nebraska, with Rhamat (Alhassan) and Carli (Snyder) only getting eight kills, I’m not sure I would’ve believed you.”

While senior leaders Alhassan and Snyder had just a combined 16 kills against the Cornhuskers, their presence was still felt on the court. Alhassan, a three-time All-American, had eight blocks up front, while Snyder topped her career-high in digs with 27.

In addition to the contributions from Alhassan and Snyder, sophomore Rachael Kramer shined in her first two games of the season, providing another spark in the middle for the Gators.

Kramer dominated in her opportunities on the court and combined for 31 kills with a hitting percentage slightly below 55 percent over the weekend. Despite her break-out performance against two top-five opponents, Kramer gave the credit to the back line and redshirt junior setter Allie Monserez.

“Back row was passing some great balls and Allie was putting up great sets for me to kill,” Kramer, a Phoenix native, said.

Many of Kramer’s teammates noticed her emergence as well, as Snyder talked about Kramer’s dedication to getting better and working hard in the gym.

“She is someone who always wants to learn,” Snyder, a middle blocker, said. “That’s the coolest thing, as an upperclassman, to have is someone who’s always taking feedback… She’s accepted a bigger role and is clearly flourishing in it.”

When asked, however, to assess the team’s performance, Snyder, Kramer and redshirt senior Shainah Joseph all gave similar answers, talking about the team’s slow start against Nebraska.

“We were trying to find perfection early in the match,” Snyder said. “But it just wasn’t clicking.”

While the performances were good enough to take down two of the top-five teams in the nation, Florida will have to shift its focus to another set of schools as it prepares for the SEC-ACC Challenge in Puerto Rico.

The Gators (2-0) will take on unranked N.C. State (0-3) and No. 11 North Carolina (0-2) on Sept. 2 and Sept. 3, respectively. Florida has played well against both schools in the past. The Gators have suffered one loss in program history to the Wolfpack, a 3-2 defeat in Raleigh, and one to the Tar Heels, an 3-0 sweep in Chapel Hill, with both losses coming in the 1985 season.

You can follow Justin Ahlum on Twitter @justinn_case1, and contact him at jahlum@alligator.org.