UF alumna Eunice Heath was recently named a Forty Over 40 honoree for her role in developing inclusivity in STEM, or science, technology, engineering and math.

The Forty Women To Watch Over 40 is an annual line-up of influential women who are “reinventing, disrupting and making an impact” in their respective fields, according to the company’s website. Every year they honor women noted for their outstanding achievements.

Heath, an African-American woman, was also selected for her work with various STEM inclusivity programs, such as the National Society of Black Engineers, which hosts educational programs geared toward introducing young African-Americans to STEM, she said.

Heath, who earned her bachelor’s in industrial and systems engineering from UF, developed the STEM education strategy for Dow Chemical Company, where she currently serves as the global director.

“Everyone deserves the opportunity to excel in this field,” she said. “Right now, women and minorities are vastly underrepresented. This is something I’ve always been conscious of as an African-American woman in STEM.”

She hopes the award will bring more recognition not only to her and her work, but to STEM inclusivity as a whole, she said.

“If we’re able to empower children at a young age to pursue careers in STEM, I’m confident that we can cultivate a more sustainable future,” said Heath.