<p dir="ltr"><span>The crowd claps along to Saint Motel's "My Type" at The Wetlands Music Festival, which was sponsored by Student Government Productions, on Sunday afternoon.</span></p><p><span> </span></p>

The crowd claps along to Saint Motel's "My Type" at The Wetlands Music Festival, which was sponsored by Student Government Productions, on Sunday afternoon.

Music acts A$AP Ferg, Snakehips and Saint Motel will perform at UF on Feb. 25.

Student Government Productions announced headliner names earlier today for its inaugural spring music festival, The Wetlands, on Flavet Field. SGP said the festival is meant to celebrate the accomplishments of the Student Body by featuring student performances and organizations.

Rapper A$AP Ferg will be paid $65,000 for his performance. Snakehips, an electronic music duo, and Saint Motel, an alternative rock band, will be paid $35,000 and $40,000, respectively, wrote SGP chairman Alex DesRosiers in an email. The event will be paid for with students’ activity and service fees, he said.

SGP started offering tickets Thursday at noon at the O’Connell Center box office. Tickets cost $15 for UF students and $30 for non-students. Up to 10,000 tickets will be distributed Tuesdays through Fridays from noon to 5:30 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

“This is an opportunity for an SGP show to be more than just a place where students gather, but a place where they can contribute to the event as well,” DesRosiers said.

The festival, which is from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m., will consist of two stages, four local acts, a silent disco with student DJs, an activities tent and food trucks, according to a news release.

DesRosiers said SGP chose headliners from different genres to bring multiple music fan bases together.

Julia Jeanty, a UF sustainability studies senior, is going to get a ticket to the see the British duo Snakehips.

“I’ve been trying to see them live for years, so it’s awesome that I’m going to see them perform before I graduate,” the 22-year-old said.

Contact Meryl Kornfield at mkornfield@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter at @merylkornfield

Contact Elliott Nasby at enasby@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter at @_ElohEl.