<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-ad2a759d-a8f0-4296-f7a2-29c4dcf4560e"><span>Anita Jean Webb</span></span></p>

Anita Jean Webb

A Gainesville woman woke a man sleeping in his car and then cut and robbed him early Thursday, Gainesville Police said.

Anita Jean Webb, 45, woke the owner of the car parked downtown on Northwest Second Street, who unlocked the car door, according to an arrest report. The man told police she opened the door and put a pocket knife to his throat, demanding his money, police said.

He reached for the knife, and she slit his palm, put the knife back to his throat and told him to give her “his s---,” according to the report.

After Webb punched him, splitting open his lip, he gave her his wallet, which she took about $100 from, and she stole his phone and biked away, police said.

The bleeding man waved down an officer driving by and described Webb and the knife, according to the report.

Police said they found Webb about two blocks away at a house known for drug activity, with two folding pocket knives in her front right pocket and a glass pipe with cocaine residue in her front left pocket, but did not find the man’s phone. Police didn’t say if they found the money.

Webb denied robbing the man to police, GPD said.

Webb was charged with robbery with a deadly weapon, aggravated battery and possession of drug paraphernalia. She was taken to the Alachua County Jail where she remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $155,000 bond.

Contact Robert Lewis at rlewis@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter at @Lewis__Robert.

Anita Jean Webb