crime tape
crime tape

Gainesville Police arrested four women Sunday night for attempting to steal more than $1,000 worth of clothing from Burlington Coat Factory.
Angela Hill, 45, Latoya Smith, 39, Larneshia Perry, 26, and Kenyausha Tobler, 28, reportedly walked into the store at around 7:40 p.m.

The women allegedly took large trash bags and hid them before walking into Burlington, located at 2643 NW 13th St. According to the arrest report, they filled the bags with clothes they took off the shelves. The women used three tools to take alarms off the clothes.

While in the store, they then allegedly hid the full bags in different spots and walked out of the store empty-handed.

According to an officer report, the women got scared and hid the clothes. Hill later told officers they intended to fill the bags with clothing and shoes and walk out without paying.

Altogether, the clothing they attempted to take from Burlington was worth $1,767.03. More trash bags were found after Hill’s car was searched. Many of the items inside the bags didn’t have price tags, but the clothes that did have tags totaled $3,900.

According to the arrest report, Hill told officers the women went to other stores earlier Sunday and repeated the same thing.

She also reportedly said they’ve stolen from Burlington in the past. GPD spokesman Officer Ben Tobias said the previous incident at Burlington occurred Wednesday.

Alachua County Jail records show Hill is the only one currently being held for a charge of grand theft. Her bond is set at $25,000.

Perry and Smith were both released Monday afternoon on their own recognizance. Tobias said the fourth woman, Tobler, was only issued a sworn complaint because she was pregnant.

Follow Jessica Curbelo on Twitter @jesscurbelo and contact her at jcurbelo@alligator.org.