<p dir="ltr"><span>In his first season as UF head coach, Dan Mullen led the Gators (9-3) to the Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl, where they will face Michigan. </span></p><p><span> </span></p>

In his first season as UF head coach, Dan Mullen led the Gators (9-3) to the Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl, where they will face Michigan. 

Florida’s postseason fate has been revealed, and it will include a familiar foe at a different location.

The Florida Gators will face the Michigan Wolverines in the Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl on Dec. 29 in Atlanta. It will be the third time in four years these two teams have faced off and the fifth time ever.

The Gators are coming off a 9-3 season under first-year coach Dan Mullen with wins over ranked opponents LSU and Mississippi State. Their only losses came against Kentucky, Georgia and Missouri, all of whom finished the season in the top 25.

A New Year’s Six game is a huge turnaround for a team that went 4-7 last year and missed out on a bowl appearance.

Michigan went 10-2 with wins against Northwestern (who played for the Big Ten title), Wisconsin, Michigan State and Penn State. Its only losses are against Notre Dame, a College Football Playoff team, and Ohio State, the Big Ten champion.

The last time these two teams played was in the 2017 season opener in Arlington, Texas. The Wolverines won 33-17 after throwing for 218 yards and a touchdown and running for 215 yards and a touchdown.

The last time they faced in a bowl game was the 2016 Citrus Bowl, where Michigan obliterated the Gators 41-7.

Follow Jake Dreilinger on Twitter @DreilingerJake or contact him at jdreilinger@gmail.com.