<p>Sarah Abraham</p>

Sarah Abraham

The clock strikes 11:11. Sarah Abraham makes a wish.

She doesn’t set an alarm, but catches both the morning and night occurrence whenever possible.

“I think my body just kinda knows,” said the 21-year-old UF information systems and operations management junior.

Even her home in West Palm Beach starts with 1111.

But Abraham doesn’t base her achievements on wishes. She is the president of the Indian Student Association, and a two-term senator for the business school.

If she wins, she would be the first Indian American UF Student Body vice president.

Sarah’s parents taught her to prioritize service to others. Sarah sees her role in Student Government as being a voice to students.

Kishan Patel, former 2016 Student Body treasurer, sees Sarah’s power as a leader in her ability to connect with people. He was the first to talk to Sarah about SG.

In the Indian Student Association, Patel said Abraham unified cliques to work together. At a recent showcase for GatoRaas, an Indian UF student dance team, Patel was astounded to see not only people from the organization but from across campus in the audience.

“She calls almost everyone her best friend, and truly they are her best friends,” said the 23-year-old UF electrical engineering senior.

Abraham wants her legacy to be a permanent dance space for the Indian Student Association’s six dance teams and any other troupe. She said there aren’t many spaces on campus that can hold such large groups. Teams like GatoRaas practice on top of UF parking garages until sunrise.

“One of my biggest jobs is to make people aware of our community,” Abraham said.

People are drawn to Abraham’s rapid fire humor. She got her start in comedy when her older sister Naomi placed coached her to say knock-knock jokes when she was little.

Shachi Pandya, one of Abraham’s best friends, has known her since freshman year and now serves alongside her in the Indian Student Association as vice president.

“I know her in all these ways, and she’s the exact way in every context,” the 21-year-old UF statistics junior said.

Win or lose, Sarah Abraham will still be ready with a smile and a pun.

Sarah Abraham