<p dir="ltr"><span>Florida attacker Lindsey Ronbeck scored four goals during UF’s 16-9 road win over Colorado.</span></p>
<p><span>&nbsp;</span></p>

Florida attacker Lindsey Ronbeck scored four goals during UF’s 16-9 road win over Colorado.

Syracuse attacker Emily Hawryschuk wreaked havoc on Florida’s women’s lacrosse team.

She outworked sophomore midfielder Shannon Kavanagh in the draw circle, giving the Orange a 16-13 advantage in that department.

Hawryschuk recorded a hat trick by the 14:54 mark of the first half and finished the game with five points.

Her all-around performance led No. 4 Syracuse to a 14-13 victory over the Gators at Donald R. Dizney Stadium on Wednesday.

“Both teams left it on the field tonight,” coach Amanda O’Leary said. “And I don’t think you can ask for anything else.”

UF (3-4) got on the board first thanks to a goal from sophomore attacker Kassidy Bresnahan, who started for the third-straight game.

The Orange answered back with a 7-0 run and held Florida scoreless for more than 17 minutes, which prompted O’Leary to call a timeout.

Senior midfielder Caroline Benitez scored shortly after to end her team’s goal drought, but Hawryschuk responded with a goal of her own, extending Syracuse’s lead to 8-2.

The Gators ended the first half on a 4-1 run and trailed 9-6 entering the break.

Senior attacker Lindsey Ronbeck scored four times in the second half after scoring only once in the first.

She tied the game at 13-13 with 44 seconds remaining in the game and was mobbed by her teammates in celebration.

UF’s happiness did not last long, though.

Syracuse attacker Meaghan Tyrrell converted on a free-position attempt with eight seconds to go, handing the Gators their fourth loss of the season.

“I’ve been coaching for 30-something years, and I’ve never been more proud of a team than I was for their fight this evening,” O’Leary said. “This is what Gator pride is all about.”

Ronbeck notched five goals for the second-straight game, bringing her total to 31 on the season.

Sophomore attacker Grace Haus started against Syracuse after coming off the bench on Saturday against High Point.

The team’s third-leading goalscorer found the back of the net twice and tallied three assists.

Florida was missing several key contributors, including senior midfielder Sydney Pirreca and senior attacker Alix Lopez, who are both tied for second on the team with seven assists.

O’Leary said that they were among some players who “violated team rules” and that the situation was handled internally.

The suspended players are expected to be back against No. 3 North Carolina on Saturday.

Ronbeck let her emotions get the best of her when the final whistle blew, but not because of the outcome.

“I started crying after the game,” she said. “I didn’t care about the score. I didn’t care that we lost. I just loved every single person and the effort that they gave.”

Follow Bryan Matamoros on Twitter @bmatamoros_ and contact him at bmatamoros@alligator.org.

Senior attacker Lindsey Ronbeck scored the game-tying goal with 44 seconds left before Syracuse attacker Meaghan Tyrrell converted a free-position attempt with eight seconds to go. Florida lost 14-13 on Wednesday.