Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A woman hit a man in his underwear with a baseball bat after he tried breaking into her car, police said.

At about 5:40 a.m., police were called to the 1600 block of Northeast 16th Ave. after Antonio Mosley, 36, of Gainesville, was spotted trying to break into a woman’s car, according to a Gainesville Police arrest report. Mosley was wearing only his underwear.

Mosley’s last name is spelled differently in the report and the court system.

When the woman opened her front door to confront Mosley, he charged at her, the report said. She hit Mosley on the side of his head with a baseball bat and told him to get away from her. He then ran into a neighboring mobile home and left behind his jeans, shirt and a sock.

While searching for Mosley, police saw him step out of a trailer, the report said. He was wearing pants and had an injury on his head.

The officer searched him and found less than a gram of cocaine, the report said. He told police he did not remember what happened but the clothing left behind was his.

He was charged with attempted burglary to an occupied dwelling, attempted unarmed burglary to an unoccupied conveyance and possession of a controlled substance, the report said.

Mosley was found guilty of burglary in 2002, burglary of a structure in 2003 and burglary of a structure in 2005, according to court records.

He remained in the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $20,000 bond.

Mosley