crime
crime

Security cameras helped Alachua County Sheriff’s Office deputies track down two alleged thieves Saturday, according to an arrest report.

Deputies responded to a burglary at La Chua Trail Saturday afternoon. A woman reportedly parked her 2017 Chevrolet Tahoe in the 4801 Camp Ranch Rd. parking lot before hiking. When she returned, the rear driver’s side window was smashed, according to the report.

The woman reported multiple items missing from her vehicle including credit cards. She began getting fraud alerts from her credit card company while authorities were on the scene, according to the report.

Several fraudulent charges were made, including over $650 at Hibbett Sports at 3630 SW Archer Rd. Authorities reviewed security footage with the manager and viewed two suspects making the fraudulent purchase.

Authorities were able to identify one suspect as 18-year-old Anthony Quinn Lockhart due to a previous encounter with him. Footage from the security camera installed in the parking area of La Chua showed both suspects making the purchases at Hibbett Sports at the La Chua trailhead.

ACSO officers arrested Lockhart and Issac Lenard Johnson, 32, in connection to the incident.

Lockhart was charged with burglary, larceny and dealing in stolen property. He remains in Alachua County Jail, and his bond is set at $25,000.

Johnson was charged with grand theft, dealing in stolen property, burglary, illegal use of credit cards, in-person fraud and larceny. He remains in Alachua County Jail with a $60,000 bond.

Johnson

Lockhart