<p dir="ltr">Nico Diaz, 22, talks with an officer Sunday night in front of the Jersey Mike’s in Butler Plaza. Behind them is a gray Hyundai with at least ten bullet holes.</p><p><span> </span></p>

Nico Diaz, 22, talks with an officer Sunday night in front of the Jersey Mike’s in Butler Plaza. Behind them is a gray Hyundai with at least ten bullet holes.

Witnesses and officials said there was an attempted robbery that resulted in a shooting at Butler North’s Walmart Sunday night.

Butler Plaza officials released a statement on Facebook that confirmed the robbery attempt and said all those involved were taken to the hospital or are in custody with non-life-threatening injuries.

Neither Butler Plaza nor Gainesville Police publicly said how many people were involved, but GPD confirmed an investigation is underway. Police did not release a statement mentioning a robbery as of Sunday night.

Just before 9 p.m., a man ran into the Jersey Mike’s Subs across the street from the Walmart, bleeding profusely, said Nico Diaz, a 22-year-old Jersey Mike’s Subs employee.

A gray-colored Hyundai was shot with what looked like at least 10 bullet holes outside the Jersey Mike’s Subs.

Rags and towels soaked in what looked like blood littered the floor of the sandwich shop while Gainesville Police was on the scene. Hours later, GPD published a tweet that confirmed the reported shooting.

“All persons involved are accounted for and detectives are investigating,” GPD wrote in the tweet.

The store was about to close and Diaz said he stepped away from the front for a moment.

“I come out because I hear all the commotion,” he said outside of the restaurant. “I just didn’t know what to do so I called 911.”

Law enforcement at the scene declined to speak to The Alligator.

Investigator Boyett approaches the scene Sunday night at the Jersey Mike’s in Butler Plaza. 

Investigator Matthew Sides prepares to examine the scene Sunday night  inside of the Jersey Mike’s in Butler Plaza where the wounded man was allegedly brought.