‘A horror show’: Mother’s Pub reopened

• Workers of the pub and grill say they've experienced issues with being underpaid and working in unsanitary conditions.

• Mother's Pub announced it would close as a result of code violations of city ordinances. Days later, the owner announced it would remain open with the help of Gainesville's city manager. 

COVID-19 closes nonessential businesses

• Since the countywide stay-at-home order was issued March 23, local businesses such as tattoo parlors, hair salons and movie theaters have been forced to close.

• Some, such as the Matheson History Museum, rely on donations to stay financially afloat.

Gainesville Whole Foods employee tests positive for COVID-19

• The employee is currently self-quarantining, a company spokesperson confirmed.

• According to the Whole Foods Market website, employees are required to wear face masks and have daily temperature screenings.

Two Gainesville-area Publix employees test positive for COVID-19

• The workers are employed at the Williston Plaza and Tower Square locations.

• Publix will require face masks for employees starting next week.

12 COVID-19 cases confirmed at Gainesville retirement community

• The retirement community, Oak Hammock, houses about 500 residents. 

• The positive cases include residents and staff, and it is unknown how many other tests are currently pending.

Alachua County COVID-19 curve appears to be flattening, local health officials say

• The county commission voted to decrease the occupancy limit from one person per every 1,000 square feet to one person per every 750 square feet. 

• Alachua County Health Department administrator Paul Myers said the infection rates appear to be steady, but there is no downshift yet.