<p>Movie-goers wait for the film “The Croods” to begin inside the Priest Theater in High Springs in 2013.</p>

Movie-goers wait for the film “The Croods” to begin inside the Priest Theater in High Springs in 2013.

Bars and movie theaters in Alachua County reopened their doors Friday.

County Spokesperson Mark Sexton said the county will be following Gov. Ron DeSantis’ Wednesday emergency order, which permitted bars and entertainment businesses, such as movie theaters and auditoriums, to open. Night clubs aren’t allowed to reopen.

DeSantis’ order allows reopenings in all Florida counties except Broward, Miami Dade and Palm Beach. Those three counties have the highest amount of COVID-19 cases in the state.

While the county is following some of DeSantis’ opening procedures, Sexton said other restrictions that were lifted statewide will remain in effect in Alachua County.

The county’s 50 percent occupancy limit on businesses, such as retail stores, grocery stores and gyms, will remain in place despite being lifted by DeSantis’ order, Sexton said. The 10 person limit on public gathering will also remain, although DeSantis’ order expanded to a 50 person limit.

The county’s face mask requirement will also remain in effect, Sexton said.

Contact Tristan at twood@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @TristanDWood.