Florida tennis announces new attendance policies for 2021

New social distancing procedures will affect the fan experience at Alfred A. Ring Tennis Complex

<p>Freshman Ben Shelton stands with the trophy he earned after winning the ITA Fall Circuit&nbsp;<span id="docs-internal-guid-b5cf366e-7fff-64e2-ee4f-e854f72d5620"><span>Presented by Gwinnett Tennis.</span></span></p>

Freshman Ben Shelton stands with the trophy he earned after winning the ITA Fall Circuit Presented by Gwinnett Tennis.

The stands at the Alfred A. Ring Tennis Complex will look different in 2021.

Face coverings worn over the mouth and nose will be required throughout matches, according to a Thursday release. Signs around the complex will reinforce the safety guidelines. Failure to comply could result in a loss of attendance privileges.

Seating blocks, which will be designated by orange seats in the stands, will be set up in groups of two and four with 6 feet of distance on all sides to allow for social distancing, according to the release. The stands’ front row will remain empty to give guests a safe and clear walkway. Hand sanitizer stations will be placed around the complex.

Fans will not be allowed inside the indoor facility in the event of inclement weather due to COVID-19 protocols and social distancing, according to the release. Fans are also encouraged to use clear bags in order to reduce touch and search points at the entry gate. 

No outside food or drink will be permitted. The concession stand will remain open, and fans will be allowed to lower face coverings in order to eat and drink.

Admission to matches will be free. Tickets will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

The men’s team will face FAU Jan. 16 in Gainesville to begin its spring season. The women’s team will host Georgia State Jan. 20. 

Contact Ryan Haley at rhaley@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @ryan_dhaley

Ryan Haley

Ryan Haley, a UF journalism senior with a sports & media specialization from Jacksonville, Florida, is Summer 2022's Engagement Managing Editor. He grew up playing a bunch of different sports before settling on golf, following Rory McIlroy and all Philadelphia sports teams. He also loves all things fiction, reading, watching shows and movies and talking about whatever current story or character is in his head.

DM Ryan on Twitter or shoot him an email.