LTE generic
LTE generic

Greetings Gators, 

Change is constant. Throughout the day, the sun and the moon change places. Into the night the blue skies and the stars change places. On campus, the hustle and quiet change places. In the spring, football and basketball change places. And now it's time for a change amongst leadership in Student Government on campus.

The Change Party has been established to realize common goals through initiatives such as addressing racial history and race relations, supporting minority populations through investment and service, and uplifting the collective voice of the entire student body. We strive to contribute to the continued elevation of the University of Florida in becoming a nationally recognized “Top 5” public educational institution. Our mission is to rectify and serve as a solution to the current structure of Student Government, an entity that has been inundated with injustice, inequality and systemic racism. The current structure is fixated to only lift the voices of a few, but not the collective voice of the student body. The Change Party is here to make sure that every single voice has a say in regards to everything and anything at the University of Florida. 

We aim to create an atmosphere on this campus that invokes peace, positivity and true equity for every single member of the Gator family. We plan to elevate the University of Florida, as a whole, through advancing elite programming initiatives, propelling innovation, moving towards sustainability, uplifting minority voices on this campus through better representation and retention, and empowering impoverished communities in the greater Gainesville area through small business investment and community service. 

The Gator Party has failed to embrace the change that it promised upon its inception in the Fall of 2019. As former members ourselves, we have firsthand knowledge of the ineffectiveness, ineptitude, and immortality of the Gator Party-led Student Government. The University has risen to a Top 6 University in recent years in spite of our Student Government, which has hidden from solving any and every major problem, always forcing UF administration to act in the end. 

That’s why the Change Party is teaming up with the Union Party: we know that it will take all of us to create a Student Government that actually works for all Gators. Side by side, former members of the Gator Party, like ourselves, and former members of the Union Party will fight as one with the Change Party to ensure that justice, equity, and representation are brought to UF.

The Change Party strives to be the solution — not the problem. When problems or challenges arrive, we promise to be proactive and not reactive. The Change Party will strive to lead by example and truly give every Greek Gator, minority Gator, Graduate Gator, and international Gator a seat at the table. We are reaching out to the entire student body, faculty, staff, administrators, alumni and everyone tied to the Gator community to ask for your support and cooperation as we champion the many initiatives and solutions essential to the continued progression of this institution, the many structures therein, and every individual tied to the University of Florida. 

Gators deserve more, Gators deserve better, and Gators deserve change. 

Reg.Pol.Ad.J.Sanchez

Wynton White is the Student Body President Candidate for Change Party and was a former Gator Party Senator. 

Matthew Rodriguez is the Student Body Vice-President Candidate for Change Party and was a former Gator Party Senator. 

Amy Nicholas is the Student Body Treasurer Candidate for Change Party.