Florida Gators Heptathlete Anna Hall Qualifies for Team USA

Sophomore Anna sets an historical mark winning the USATF Combined Championships

<p>Florida Heptathlete Anna Hall qualified for Team USA on Saturday with her performance at the USATF Combined Championships.</p>

Florida Heptathlete Anna Hall qualified for Team USA on Saturday with her performance at the USATF Combined Championships.

The immense talent on the Florida Gators track and field team continues to shine, even after the conclusion of the regular season. 

Heptathlete Anna Hall did not disappoint in this weekend's USATF Combined Championships. The already impressive season just got even better for the Highlands Ranch, Colorado, native. 

Putting up the second-best Heptathlon performance in collegiate history, Hall will now join two other Gator greats, Grant Holloway and Christian Taylor, on Team USA this summer to compete in the 2022 World Champions. 

“I feel like on cloud nine,” Hall said. “It has not really set in yet. I feel a lot of relief to be done and that I hit the standard. But, I'm just really excited and proud of the group of people i'm working with and excited to get ready for World’s.”

The sophomore continued to turn heads during the two-day event tallying 6,458 points, serving as the sole UF participant. In the seventh and final event, she finished with the fourth-fastest 800-meter Hepthathon in history. With a time of 2:03.11, a personal best, Hall earned the USATF Heptathlon Title. 

Hall entered the competition with an already eye-opening resume, especially this season. The former Georgia transfer is the 2022 NCAA and SEC Pentathlon Indoor Champion. Then, the sophomore claimed All-SEC First Team in the Pentathlon event as well. 

On Wednesday, it was announced Hall and two of her Gator teammates, Jasmine Moore and Grace Stark, are still in the running for The Bowerman Women’s Award. 

But, with all the success so far, Hall still desired one goal this summer, competing with Team USA. However, to do so, a  top-three finish and 6,420 points were needed to qualify. And so she did. 

Along with the 800 meters, Hall recorded her personal best in the 200-meter (23.14 seconds) and the 100-meter hurdles (13.21 seconds). 

Hall blew the competition out the water, winning the title by 273 points. 

With a berth to the 2022 World Championships already in her grasp, Hall will now shift her attention to the SEC Outdoor Championship in Oxford, Mississippi on May 12th through the 14th.  

Contact Curtis Michaud at cmichaud@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @CurtisMichaud1.

Curtis Michaud

Curtis Michaud is a fourth-year student at the University of Florida within the College of Journalism and Communications. He specializes in sports and media and would like to continue to provide authentic, thorough, and engaging sport content for all readers. He is an enterprise reporter and lacrosse and track and field writer for The Alligator.