Annabell Fuller drives the ball in the VyStar Credit Union Gators Invitational Sunday, March 5, 2023.

The No. 21-ranked Florida women’s golf team traveled to Augusta, Georgia, to compete in the Valspar Augusta Invitational Saturday.

The Gators sat in a tie for fourth after 36 holes on day one. The team shot 280 in round one, making it their second lowest round of the season. 

Senior Annabell Fuller and senior Jackie Lucena both finished without a round over par on day one. Lucena tied for her third lowest round with a four-under-par 72 in round one. She finished the day in fifth place. 

Fuller scored in the low 70s during both rounds and highlighted her performance with a four-under-par and five birdies in round two. The senior was tied for sixth place — behind Lucena — after day one. 

Junior Maisie Filler was the second Gator to finish with a four-under par 72 in round one. This marked Filler’s third-straight low round including last weekend’s tournament. The junior finished just outside the top 25 in a tie for 30th.

The final round was set to take place Sunday at 9 a.m. The third round was suspended due to weather conditions. 

The teams finished the fourth hole and began the fifth when the round was called due to rain. This took the final scores back to the completed round two. 

The Gators finished in a tie for fourth place at one over par.

Florida will compete in the Liz Murphey Collegiate Classic in Athens, Georgia, March 24-26 to wrap up its regular season. The Southeastern Conference Championship will start April 13 at the Greystone Golf and Country Club in Birmingham, Alabama. 

Contact Madilyn Destefano at mdestefano@alligtor.org. Follow her on Twitter @DestefanoMadi.