Freshman Camyla Monroy dives in the Gators meet against Florida State, Friday, Jan. 26, 2024

The Florida men’s and women’s swim team returned to Auburn this past weekend coming off of a SEC championship title for its last chance to improve times and odds of NCAA selection. The invite took place all day Friday and Saturday.

On Friday, 13 Gators competed in swimming preliminaries where seven advanced to the finals. 

In the men’s 500-yard free, sophomore Eric Brown dropped .35 seconds from his entry time with a final time of 4:14.31 seconds, earning a B-cut. 

Sophomore Anna Moore finished first in the women’s 100 breast in 1:01.71 seconds, and freshman Grace Rainey finished in 1:02.26, placing sixth. She swam .92 seconds slower than her preliminary time. 

Senior Amro Al-Wir dropped .24 seconds from his preliminary time in the men’s 100 breast, finishing with a B-cut of 53.12 seconds and placing second. 

Freshman Caleb Maldari finished first in the men’s 200 back with a 1:40.95- a B-cut, adding .19 seconds from his preliminary time. Placing third and finishing in 1:42.94 seconds, freshman Sean Sullivan earned a B-cut and dropped 1.65 seconds from his preliminary time with a finish time of 1:42.94 seconds

In the men’s 200 fly, senior Billy Jones placed second with a time of 1:43.94 seconds, dropping .15 seconds from his time in the preliminaries and earning a B-cut.

On Saturday, Anna Moore completed the women’s 200 yard breaststroke in 2:14.33, dropping .94 seconds from preliminaries. 

Sophomore Eric Brown, freshman Bobby Dinunzio, and freshman Josh Parent all recorded B-cut times in the men’s 1650-yard free with times of 14:50.57, 15:01.24 and 15:10.55 seconds.

Freshman Caleb Maldari recorded a B-cut time of 1:40.68 in the men’s 400-yard IM.

Senior Madison Kolessar recorded a B-cut time of 16:17.44 seconds in the women’s 1650-yard free. 

Brown, Jones, Kolessae, Podkoscielny and Sullivan all competed in last week’s SEC championships while Moore and Parent were in attendance as alternates. 

Next, Florida will compete in the women’s and men’s Swimming and Diving NCAA Championships. The women’s championships will take place in Athens, Georgia, from March 20-23. The men’s championships will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana, from March 27-30. 

Contact Shaine Davison at sdavison@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter @shainedavison.