Generic Crime 1.PNG

An Alachua County Sheriff’s Office employee was suspended Monday after making offensive comments on social media.

Ashley Mauger, an employee at ACSO’s Technical Services Division since 2011, was suspended after citizens reported her Facebook comments in which she threatened to not take 911 calls seriously, wrote ACSO Spokesperson Art Forgey in a press release Tuesday.

In screenshots provided to The Alligator, Mauger argued with other county residents.

“I can’t even fathom the response you will get the next time you dial 911 and possibly get me on the phone with a loved one or yourself in a life or death emergency,” Mauger wrote.

Mauger did not respond to an Alligator reporter’s multiple phone call and text requests for comment in time for publication.

ACSO’s social media policy states employees shouldn’t use social media in any way which “detracts from the mission” of the sheriff’s office. ACSO’s Office of Professional Standards is investigating the comments, Forgey wrote.

“We take misconduct in any form, from any of our employees seriously. Our mission is to serve and protect with professionalism and integrity,” Sheriff Sadie Darnell wrote in the press release. “We will continue to forge partnerships through transparency and accountability.”

Contact Sarah at smandile@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter @sarahmandile.