<p>Lorena Margarita Montealegre</p>

Lorena Margarita Montealegre

A Gainesville woman took LSD, and then stole toys and a $300 wedding ring from the house of the child she was babysitting, Alachua County Sheriff’s Office said.

Lorena Margarita Montealegre, 27, was under the influence of the psychedelic drug while babysitting a child at about 8 p.m. Monday in a Haile Plantation home, according to an arrest report.

The child’s father asked Montealegre to leave when he saw her acting strangely, but she refused, he told deputies.

The father showed a deputy a recording of her refusing to leave, according to the report. Soon after, Montealegre walked out of the home carrying toys that belonged to the child and tried to get away from the deputy, who grabbed her to escort her out, according to the report.

She refused to drop the toys and struggled to free herself from the deputy. Another deputy arrived as backup, and together they handcuffed her.

She tried to kick both deputies multiple times, so her legs were restrained, according to the report.

She was taken to North Florida Regional Medical Center where it was discovered she had the child’s father’s stolen tungsten wedding ring, deputies said.

She was charged with burglary, grand theft, resisting arrest with violence and two counts of attempted battery on a law enforcement officer. Montealegre was taken to the Alachua County Jail where she remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $55,000 bond.

Contact Robert Lewis at rlewis@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter at @Lewis__Robert

Lorena Margarita Montealegre