crime tape
crime tape

University Police arrested two underage UF students accused of possessing alcohol and ejected 15 people from Saturday’s football game against Charleston Southern.

Ten of the 15 ejections were UF students, according to a UPD press release.

Police did not provide the names of the two students accused of possessing alcohol. The students were not booked in Alachua County Jail and were instead given written notices to appear in court, Lt. Jacob Pruitt said in the press release.

Eight people were ejected for disorderly conduct, three for possessing marijuana, one for smoking, one for switching tickets, one for using another student’s Gator 1 card and one for possessing a fake ID, the release said.

The number of ejections on Saturday were tame compared to last year’s first home game against Tennessee. According to a press release from last year, 45 people, including 24 UF students, were ejected from that Sept. 16 game.

Last year, twelve of the 45 people were ejected for standing on bleachers, 10 people for intoxication, eight for switching tickets, four for sitting in the wrong section, three for smoking, two for not having a ticket, two for disorderly conduct and two for assault.

Two people were also arrested at the season opener last year, but neither arrest involved UF students, the release said. One person was arrested for battery and one for resisting without violence.

Contact Amanda Rosa at arosa@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @AmandaNicRosa