Palmetto Moon store opening, hosting pop-up shop at Celebration Pointe

Gainesville residents can buy YETI cups, Patagonia jackets and southern-themed clothes in one spot for the first time starting this month.

Palmetto Moon, a Southern retail chain, will host a pop-up shop during the Chomp the Block party at Celebration Pointe, at 3528 SW 45th St., outside the store’s location, from 4 to 10 p.m. today leading up to its grand opening Friday the 16th.

It is meant to give everyone a preview of the store, which will sell clothing from brands like Southern Marsh and Vineyard Vines, said media spokesperson Cori Kallenbach. Shoppers can buy Gator-themed clothes and enter to win giveaways at the pop-up shop.

“Palmetto Moon is really excited to open a store in Gainesville because they felt a really strong sense of community here and knew the store would fit right in,” Kallenbach said.

The store will open its doors early from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday during the Gator Talk radio show event at Celebration Pointe. The first 250 customers to spend $25 or more will get a free 20 oz. YETI tumbler.

Michelle Blake, who has lived in Gainesville the majority of her life, has never been to a Palmetto Moon. The 29-year-old said she is dying to get a fuzzy fleece from the Columbia section.

Blake and her best friend are going to the pop-up and grand opening.

“Now me and my friends can go as much as we want,” she said.

Contact McKenna Beery at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @mckennabeery

Correction: This story has been updated to reflect the proper time for the soft opening.