SGP announces fall concert featuring Quinn XCII, Hippie Sabotage

<p>Quinn XCII and Hippie Sabotage</p>

Quinn XCII and Hippie Sabotage

Quinn XCII and Hippie Sabotage will perform at UF for Student Government Productions’ first concert of the semester.

SGP announced its free Fall show Monday via Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. It will be Nov. 15 at Flavet Field. Gates will open at 6 p.m. and the concert will begin at 7. 

SGP chooses its artists based on a survey of UF students and the music genres they listen to, with hip-hop, rap and EDM ranking at the top this year, James Wheeler, SGP chairman, wrote in an email. 

“My hope for this event is that as many students as possible come to either enjoy one of their favorite genres of music and the accompanying atmosphere or encounter an entirely new experience,” Wheeler said.

Headlining rapper and songwriter Quinn XCII is known for his songs “Straightjacket”, “Always Been You” and “Flare Guns” featuring Chelsea Cutler. His music blends pop, reggae, hip-hop and soul.

Indie duo Hippie Sabotage, the night’s performing act, has worked with hit artists such as Ellie Goulding and is most recognizable for their remix of the song “Habits (Stay High)” by Tove Lo. 

However, the duo has been met with controversy. In 2016, they fought with security at What The Festival in Portland, Oregon, according to Billboard. 

“SGP wants to continue the tradition of a show in the Fall while also continuing to bring talent that bodes superstar potential,” Wheeler said.

Quinn XCII and Hippie Sabotage