<p>Associate head coach Dave Balogh said he was pleased with the way his players performed Saturday at FSU. "“We played the big points extremely well and won four of five deuce points," he said in a release.</p>

Associate head coach Dave Balogh said he was pleased with the way his players performed Saturday at FSU. "“We played the big points extremely well and won four of five deuce points," he said in a release.

Hall-of-Fame catcher Yogi Berra once said, “It’s déjà vu all over again.” He was referring to when Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle would hit consecutive home runs, but decades later, the same can be said about UF’s women’s tennis team at the Seminole All-Conference Showdown.

Junior Tsveta Dimitrova and freshman Marlee Zein won their doubles match, just like they did on Friday. They also both lost their respective singles, just like they did on Friday. Sophomore Katie Kubicz won her singles match, just like she did on Friday.

This time, however, Dimitrova and Zein’s win in doubles play was in the finals of Flight A against Ana Oparenovic and Petra Hule of FSU. The pair of Gators barely broke a sweat against its rival as it won 6-2 to win the Flight A doubles title.

"Our play in doubles today was very solid,” associate head coach Dave Balogh said in a release. “We played the big points extremely well and won four of five deuce points.”

Their success in the doubles draw did not parlay into individual success, however, for the second consecutive day. Dimitrova was quickly defeated by UNF’s Rafaela Gomez 1-6, 0-6. She will play West Virginia’s Christina Jordan in Flight A’s consolation bracket on Sunday.

Zein’s matchup with Oregon’s Paiton Wagner went to three games, where Zein lost in a tiebreaker, once again mirroring her match on Friday. Wagner prevailed 7-6 (7-1) 1-6, 10-4. Zein’s match on Sunday in Flight B’s consolation bracket will be against Anna Makarova of Wisconsin.

Kubicz dispatched UNF’s Lucia Montano in straight sets. She won the first game 6-2 and then followed it up with a 6-3 win to move on to Flight C’s singles final against McNeese State’s Charoline Erlandsson on Sunday.

Follow Brendan Farrell on Twitter @Bfarrell727 or contact him at bfarrell@alligator.org