Oliver Crawford

Oliver Crawford ranks No. 3 in the nation.

Florida’s men’s tennis team has prepared for what could be its biggest challenge of the fall season.

The Gators begin play Wednesday in the main draw of the ITA All-American Championships, which is held on the campus of the University of Tulsa in Oklahoma. The five-day tournament includes six of the top 10 players in the country. UF has two of them in No. 3 junior Oliver Crawford and No. 10 sophomore Sam Riffice.

Riffice and Crawford earned automatic qualification to the main draw, as did UF’s top-two doubles teams: No. 4 senior Johannes Ingildsen and junior Brian Berdusco and No. 49 Crawford and Riffice.

Four other Florida players — Ingildsen, Berdusco, sophomore Lukas Greif and junior Josh Goodger — all had to go through the qualifying rounds to make it to the main draw.

Berdusco was the only Gator to fall on Monday, losing a three-set match to Minnesota’s Stefan Milicevic. Greif, Goodger and Ingildsen all picked up wins on Monday and Tuesday to advance to the main draw.

In 2018, Crawford reached the quarterfinals in singles along with junior Andy Andrade, who advanced to the doubles semifinals. Ingildsen and Berdusco also reached the quarterfinals in doubles in last year’s ITA All-American Championships.

The tournament concludes on Sunday night, with the men’s final airing in prime time on ESPNU, in what would be the team’s first time on TV this season.  

Follow Noah Ram on Twitter @noah_ram1. Contact him at [email protected]