Ashley K. Jolicoeur

PHOTO

Demonstration

Heather Monae Jackson, a 20-year-old UF business management senior and action co-chair of the Gator chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, stands in the middle of a demonstration on Turlington Plaza on Nov. 11, 2015, in support of University of Missouri students. “The primary message of the new generation is 'Justice or Else,'” she said, “and that is what this rally was about.”

PHOTO

Congolese King

Mussa Nturubika, a 19-year-old UF health science freshman, plays the djembe, a western African drum made of cow skin, in the talent portion of the African Student Union pageant in the Reitz Union Grand Ballroom on Nov. 11, 2015. He competed representing the Democratic Republic of the Congo for the title of Mr. African Student Union.

PHOTO

Voting

Civil rights activist and U.S. Representative John Lewis (D-Ga) speaks in the University Auditorium to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Voting Rights Act on Oct. 16, 2015. "Voting is the most sacred tool of nonviolence, and it must be used," he said.

PHOTO

Lean Back

Latino rapper Fat Joe brings up Hispanic Heritage Month Director Susel Ramos, a 21-year-old UF international studies senior, on stage Oct. 2, 2015, to thank her for bringing him to celebrate Hispanic and Latino culture. Fat Joe and Fulanito performed at the Curtis M. Philips Center in a free concert hosted by SGP and Hispanic Heritage Month. HISPANIC HERTIAGE - Latino rapper Fat Joe brings up Hispanic Heritage Month Director Susel Ramos, a 21-year-old UF international studies senior, onstage Friday night to thank her for bringing him to celebrate Hispanic and Latino culture. Fat Joe and Fulanito performed at the Curtis M. Philips Center in a free concert hosted by SGP and Hispanic Heritage Month.

More media »