Wednesday, January 19, 2022

the Editorial Board

Florida Alligator
OPINION  |  EDITORIALS

Darts &amp Laurels

Well, it's finally here. Our calendars may say it's Wednesday, but right about now it sure feels like a Friday. This being the last issue of the spring semester and the last day of classes - though everyone seems to be too busy headed to the library for "exams" and "term papers" - we've decided to lighten it up a bit. C'mon, you know you're not really going to use both of those reading days, anyway. So grab a lounge chair by the pool, pop open a cold one and start thinking about summer. It's with bittersweet nostalgia that we here at the Darts & Laurels department compose our semester-ending edition of Darts & Laurels.

Florida Alligator
OPINION  |  EDITORIALS

Darts &amp Laurels

The cold weather has made it hard for us to believe that we've finished the last full week of classes for the semester. Though we're looking forward to the end of finals - and that walk across the stage for those of us graduating - we here at the Darts & Laurels department are going to miss reviewing all the crazy things that happen in Gainesville. So as you stock up on caffeine and take advantage of those extended study hours at Library West, take a second to join us for this week's edition of…..Darts & Laurels.

Florida Alligator
OPINION  |  EDITORIALS

Parking plans need to encourage alternatives

It's a common gripe at colleges across the country: Parking on campus is a nightmare. At the second largest university in the United States, we're no strangers to the parking tickets, the "who-stole-my-car" moments before the adjustment to roam towing and the hours of circling and stalking in parking lots before classes.

More articles »

Popular

No events at this time.
Submit an event

Join us for the holiday shopping event of the year and help support the missions and ministries of First ...

Red Cedar, Arizona Cypress tabletop to 8 ft. tall. Open weekends Nov. 20 thru Dec. 19 and Nov. 26 10am ...
Submit classified