Sus-Hi Eatstation opens second Gainesville location this year

The new quick-serve sushi concept location will open at 3524 SW Archer Rd., with a two-day grand opening on Oct. 2 and 3.

Sushi lovers, keep an eye out for Sus-Hi Eatstation’s second Gainesville location, opening today.

Founded by Robert and Teresa Ly in Orlando in 2011, Sus-Hi Eatstation has expanded across Orlando, Tampa and now Gainesville. The Sus-Hi Eatstation on University Avenue opened Aug. 11, coinciding with the return of students to campus. 

The Ninja-themed restaurant specializes in sushi rolls, poke bowls and sushi burritos. During the grand opening, Sus-Hi Eatstation will be offering a buy one, get one half off deal on rolls, bowls, burritos and mini nori.

Mercedes York, the 25-year-old general manager of the Archer location, said Sus-Hi stands for sustainable and hi, as in hello.

“We are a sustainable company that provides biodegradable packaging and organic produce,” York said. “Then Hi, and Hello, because we provide a really friendly customer service. Everybody is a ninja and every ninja is welcome.”

The Archer location will be their ninth location in Florida, said Thomas Wang, the 31-year-old expansion and public relations manager. 

Sus-Hi Eatstation has an online presence across social media on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, alongside their website and phone app on IOS and Android.

“We have tons of great content that really resonates with you know, the Millennial and Gen Z age group,” Wang said.

In-restaurant ordering is contactless, and customers order at a kiosk. Sus-Hi Eatstation is also cashless and accepts cards only.

York said she is excited for the grand opening. Because the grand opening is the same weekend as UF’s first home football game,  she is expecting an influx of people.

“It's very exciting to hopefully get a bunch of people in there,” York said. 

Contact Michelle at [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @michellecholder.

Avenue Staff Writer

Michelle Holder is a second-year UF journalism major. As a Dutch-American citizen, she has a passion for international affairs, travel and delicious foods. You can typically find her hitting up local coffee shops or journaling in a messy notebook.