<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-8ddf1511-d89e-6cc7-4262-7c2aac1569b8"><span>Taj Perry</span></span></p>

Taj Perry

A Gainesville man was arrested early Saturday morning after mugging a resident in Campus Walk Apartments less than a block from Sorority Row, Gainesville police said.

Taj Perry, 26, pointed a gun at a resident and demanded money in the second floor hallway of Campus Walk Apartments, located at 914 SW Eighth Ave., according to an arrest report. Perry reached into the man’s pockets and took the $4 he had in his wallet, the man told police.

Perry threatened to kill the man and then pistol-whipped him before running off, police said.

The man told police he waited 16 hours to report the crime out of fear that Perry would harm him, according to the report.

He recognized Perry and identified him by name, police said. The man took police to an apartment where Perry was. Police did not specify how the resident knew Perry.

Perry was arrested on a charge of armed robbery and was taken to the Alachua County Jail where he remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $150,000 bond. He also had at least three warrants without bond, for violating the conditions of his drug offender probation when he was arrested for cocaine possession in September 2016.

Contact Robert Lewis at rlewis@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @Lewis__Robert.

Taj Perry