UF will hold its semesterly Study Abroad Fair today, showcasing old and new programs.

The event will host 42 UF-sponsored programs and 26 non-UF programs, Alexis Weisman, a coordinator for the fair, said. The event, which will take place on the Plaza of the Americas from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., is expected to draw about 500 students.

One new area of study at the fair will be entomology, the study of insects, offered through a new class: Insects in Italy. During Summer A, students will study insects that carry diseases.

The class will be one of several offered on the UF in Florence trip, said Jennifer Gillett-Kaufman, one of the instructors for the course. Students can take up to three courses.

About 200 students are expected to sign up for the program, she said, and the Insects in Italy class will have about 20 students.

The class will include tours to art galleries, beekeeping facilities, a vineyard, an olive grove and an organic dairy farm, as well as a tour of Venice, Gillett-Kaufman said. No prior experience in entomology is needed, and financial aid is available.

According to a report by the Institute of International Education, 2,104 UF students studied abroad last year. Weisman said she’s excited for students to explore their options.

“I feel we have a program for every student,” she said.

Avery Segal, a UF history senior, said he’s already studied abroad three times during his time in college but wants to study abroad in Taiwan or China in the future.

“The experience changes who you are as a person for the better,” the 22-year-old said. “You can say it was worth every penny.”