<p>Michael Frazier attempts a three-point shot during Florida's loss to No. 1 Kentucky in the O'Connell Center.</p>

Michael Frazier attempts a three-point shot during Florida's loss to No. 1 Kentucky in the O'Connell Center.

After arguably his toughest season as a Gator, Michael Frazier is leaving Florida.

The junior guard, known for his prolific three-point shooting, is expected to forgo his senior season at UF and declare for the 2015 NBA draft, as first reported by Darren Heitner of Heitner Legal.

Frazier, despite battling a high ankle sprain that kept him out for seven games toward the end of the regular season, finished as Florida’s second-leading scorer with 12.1 points per game.

But the 2014 season was considered a step back for Frazier after a strong sophomore campaign.

The 6-foot-4, 194-pound Tampa native set a UF record with 118 three-pointers in his sophomore season, and he currently holds the record for three-pointers in a game between two Southeastern Conference teams after he drained 11 from long-range in Florida’s 72-46 handling of South Carolina on March 4, 2014.

Frazier will reportedly sign with Andy Miller and his ASM Sports agency on Friday, a source confirmed to OnlyGators.com.

Despite inclinations that Frazier would return for his senior season, coach Billy Donovan is now left without one of Florida’s few capable shooters.

Now, the Gators must wait to hear from redshirt junior Dorian Finney-Smith and sophomore Chris Walker, who both said following the 64-49 SEC Tournament defeat to Kentucky that they had not decided to return or declare for the NBA draft.

Follow Graham Hall on Twitter @Graham311